Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2009/09/30 09:51:23 UTC

[Schema Refactoring] Still going on ...

Hi,

yesturday I was blocked in a dead end, trying to make the tests happy
with the schema injection and the enabling/disabling system. As we
discussed with Alex, disabled schemas *must* be stored on the backend
only, not in the registries. That's something I knew, but I don't know
why, I was keep trying to get it somewhere in the registries, with not luck.

The big problem is that the SchemaEntityFactory class, which is
responsible for the SchemaObject creation, uses the registries to
construct those SchemaObjects. The direct impact is that if a
SchemaObject is disabled, it's not present in the registries, leading to
errors.

I will review this part of the code, and I'm quite sure that will get me
out of this dead end.

Still having around 15 errors...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny