Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Manvendra Baghel <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/27 05:41:37 UTC

how to give port number to xmlrpc 8080

Hello friends,
         I am working on Turbine 2.3.1 based web
application Brihaspati E LMS .

   I use Turbine services for xmlrpc.

   My Problem is when I interact with remote server on
    port other 8080 ,I get Exception
    "XML RPC HANDLER NOT DEFINED"
   :::NOTE That XML RPC interacts on port 12345
   but before it actually takes any action it reads
   Turbineresource.properties on port 8080.So if your
 tomcat runs on different port say 8085.It will say
"xmlrpc handler not found"...

   SO I JUST WANT TO ASK IF WE CAN TELL THE PORT
NUMBER TO
  XMLRPC IN METHOD

import java.net.URL;

serverURL =  "http://" + url + ":12345/" ;

 Boolean b = (Boolean) TurbineXmlRpc.executeRpc(new
URL(serverURL),"remote1.send", params);

__________________________________

Re: how to give port number to xmlrpc 8080

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for your note.  You'll get better responsiveness if you don't cross
post.  Velocity has nothing to do with XML-rpc and is a non-related
component of Turbine.

I suggest you start with the turbine-user list and if they tell you to go to
another list, then do that.

Also note that you did not actually send to the turbine-user list, you sent
to turbine-user-subscribe.

WILL