Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Zhiguo Wu <wu...@apache.org> on 2022/08/25 13:37:03 UTC

A thank you letter for all the efforts to bring back Ambari

Hello everyone, nice to meet you all here.

I am writing this letter to appreciate the ones who helped with the process
of Ambari's resurrection.

I started trying to contact the relevant people to promote this process on
April, I have emailed all the former PMCs/Committers of Ambari, and 100+
IPMCs to ask about their willingness to bring back Ambari, it took me all
my spare time after work, including my holidays, but still, unfortunately,
most of them are too busy with work to help this, I almost give up until I
got positive response from Devaraj, Atri and Evans.

Evans was the most important person in the whole process.
He helped connect with Roman, a board member of ASF, who did the most
important and hardest thing in the process, and Wei-Chiu, the PMC Chair of
Hadoop, a core component of BigData ecosystem and Ambari, which is great
help for the future of Ambari.

He also introduced me to the Bigtop community, where I met Brahma, who
helped connect with Matt, Uma, Suhas and Vishal. And Kengo, who helped
connect with Yuqi, Masatake, Jun and Masahiro.

Finally, Ambari successfully returns as a TLP, and we are gathered here as
the new PMC members.

Thank you, Devaraj and Atri, for giving me the confidence to continue this
process.

Thank you, Evans and Roman, for helping with the most important things in
this process.

Thank you all, for making this happen.

Let us make Ambari better than ever.

Best Regards,
Zhiguo Wu

Re: A thank you letter for all the efforts to bring back Ambari

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
I just happened to have connections. I think Roman especially did the most
difficult part to sort out the process and re-establish Ambari
legitimately. Zhiguo’s relentless effort on initiating the whole thing from
zero is also the crucial part of the success. Of course, it can’t happened
w/o all the community member’s help.

I see the newly established Ambari community already has many healthy
discussions ongoing and is working closely w/ the Bigtop community. I can
imagine the community thriving in the near future.

Zhiguo Wu <wu...@apache.org>於 2022年8月25日 週四,下午9:37寫道: