Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by di...@multitask.com.au on 2003/02/12 06:46:03 UTC

Fw: [Fwd: Re: Can a commiter please apply MAVEN-246 for proper multiple repo failure handling]

I've changed the o.a.m.project.Project class to set ignore errors to
false.

I'm bootstrapping now, and if it passes, will commit it.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

----- Forwarded by dIon Gillard/Multitask Consulting/AU on 12/02/2003
04:42 PM -----

Colin Sampaleanu <co...@exis.com>
11/02/2003 10:26 AM

dion@multitask.com.au
cc
jason@zenplex.com
Subject
Re: [Fwd: Re: Can a commiter please apply MAVEN-246 for proper multiple
repo failure handling]

I take it back.  Nothing to do with these patches, but a piece of the
code in getRemoteArtifact was and is still bad, resulting in the build
not breaking as it should if an artifact is not found anywhere.

getRemoteArtifact calls HttpUtils.getFile(), with ignoreErrors set to
true. On that basis, when the file is not found on the remote repo,
getRemoteArtifact doesn't know anything is wrong, and returns a true
(artifact retrievde ok) value. On that basis (unless another repo
satisfies the dependency), the build never breaks.

<OF...@multitask.com.au>

>>> I think you simplified it a bit too much :-)   Your version of the
>>> code now prints out an exception even on file not found on one repo
>>> but is available on others (although it does continue, which is
>>> good). (I hope it's obvious, but) you definitely do not want to do
>>> this in the multi-repo case; it's ok for the file to only be on one
>>> repo but not on others.   In my usage for example, iBiblio is my
>>> main remote repo, but I
>>

>>> have another 'local' remote repo that comes from CVS and supplies
>>> jars that aren't on ibiblio.

AM:

ForwardSourceID:NT000AF722