Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Shakil Shaikh <ss...@hotmail.com> on 2009/06/04 12:30:25 UTC

DBCP, JDBC4 and createArrayOf

Hi,

I wish to use the DBCP 1.2.2 in a project which requires some JDBC4
functionality, namely createArrayOf of the the Connection interface. Some
questions:

1) Possibly in only my  project, I see that 1.2.2 uses a JDBC4Connection
under the hood. Is there a way to get direct access to one of the pooled
connections?

2) I believe that 1.3 has support for createArrayOf. I've considered using a
1.3 build but can't find a nightly build (they're dated from 2007). Would it
be a good idea to use this unreleased version?

Thanks

Shak

Re: DBCP, JDBC4 and createArrayOf

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Shakil Shaikh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wish to use the DBCP 1.2.2 in a project which requires some JDBC4
> functionality, namely createArrayOf of the the Connection interface. Some
> questions:
>
> 1) Possibly in only my  project, I see that 1.2.2 uses a JDBC4Connection
> under the hood. Is there a way to get direct access to one of the pooled
> connections?

Yes. Look for accessToUnderlyingConnectionAllowed

> 2) I believe that 1.3 has support for createArrayOf. I've considered
> using a
> 1.3 build but can't find a nightly build (they're dated from 2007).
> Would it
> be a good idea to use this unreleased version?

You would have to build that yourself.

Is it a good idea? YMMV. Test it and see. If it works, great. If not,
let us know where it is broken.

Mark