Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by H....@MI.unimaas.nl on 2003/12/17 00:28:15 UTC

JavaBean rewrite as XSP? Help requested

Hi,

I'm in the middle of a rewrite of my web application (JSP/JavaBeans/XML/XSL)
to Cocoon. The "database" part of my application consists of CORBA-based
servers. Currently I connect to the servers through specific beans.
I was wondering if I could rewrite these beans as XSP.

Some questions I couldn't find the answers to in the docs:

- the bean imports non-cocoon classes that live in specific jars. Where
should I put these jars so they can be referenced?
- the bean initializes using a file.properties file. Can I do something
similar in XSP? If so, where should I put the properties file?
- the bean logs information using Log4J, how do I handle that in XSP?
- how do I handle static variables?

Alternative: I have a JSP that uses this bean. Would it be easier to convert
the JSP to XSP?

Thanks.

Bye, Helma

RE: JavaBean rewrite as XSP? Help requested

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.

Another thought (although the tip with the logicsheet is a good one):
Hava a look at Flowscript. You could pass your beans to your pipelines
and you could use JXTemplates to produce your view layer.

see http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/index.html

I would use Flowscript because it is IMO the cleaner design.

--
Reinhard