Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Chris Turner <ch...@skipoles.co.uk> on 2007/07/27 10:45:30 UTC

[Axis2] Nested service paths

Hi,
I'm currently building a large, multi-module system using Axis2. This
has a number of plugin modules that each expose a number of web
services. What I would like to achieve is partitioning the service urls
by module name then by service. E.g.:

http://myapp/services/moduleA/someService
http://myapp/services/moduleB/anotherService

Thus, each module developer does not need to be concerned with making
their service names globally unique. I really need to do this with a
single axis servlet and a single servlet mapping (/services/*).

In Axis 1.x I was able to achieve this by naming my services
"moduleA/someService" and so forth. This doesn't work in Axis2 and I
can' find any description in the docs of how to achieve this.
Any suggestions please?
Thanks,
Chris

Re: [Axis2] Nested service paths

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Yes that is a good options , and it is very simple to create a
Dispatcher to dispatch to suit with your requirement . In Axis2 default
URL based dispatcher try to split the URL and assume the service name
and the operation. So if you write a Dispatcher to split the URL
including the module name then dispatch based on that , you have
anything you need.

Thanks
Deepal

Re: do i need to implement the interface Serializable ?

Posted by Upul Godage <up...@gmail.com>.
To my knowledge making a class serializable is to transform it it a stream
of bytes so that it can travel through a network or saved to the disk and
read again to restore to the previous state again.
In web services XML is the media which moves everything from one point to
another.  Objects themselves aren't moving.
At each point the information in that XML can be converted into object
models such as those in AXIOM, XMLBeans object models but they themselves
don't move  through the network.  Also the services and modules etc. are
waiting at a server process taking those XMLs or object models which were
created then and there from XML and do their stuff.

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.

> ok but why ?
Axis2 does not going to serialize the service class so  no need to
implement the interface. And what it does is , it will serialize inside
java beans .

Thanks
Deepal
> thanks

Re: do i need to implement the interface Serializable ?

Posted by Ce...@linedata.com.
ok but why ?
thanks

Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>
27/07/2007 11:52
Veuillez répondre à
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Objet
Re: do i need to implement  the interface Serializable ?

In Axis2 you definitely  no need to implement Serializable interface.

Thanks
Deeepal

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
In Axis2 you definitely  no need to implement Serializable interface.

Thanks
Deeepal

> Can you or anyone explain why i do not need to implement the
> Serializable interface, using Axis2 or Axis1 ?
>
> Thanks in advance

Re: do i need to implement the interface Serializable ?

Posted by Ce...@linedata.com.
Can you or anyone explain why i do not need to implement the Serializable
interface, using Axis2 or Axis1 ?

Thanks in advance

Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>
27/07/2007 11:35
Veuillez répondre à
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Objet
Re: do i need to implement  the interface Serializable ?

Hi

If you use Axis2 , you do not need to do so. And even Axis1 I do not
think you want to do so.

Thanks
Deepal

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi

Posted by p....@almerys.com.
Hi,
I ran into the same issue.
As a workaround I've added my own URIbasedRequestDispatcher in the flow.
I think that the JIRA already exists:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-2601

Pierre

Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>
27/07/2007 11:15
Veuillez répondre à
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Objet
Re: [Axis2] Nested service paths

Hi Chris ,
I know its a good requirement , unfortunately we are about to do Axis2
1,3 release and we wont be able to add any more new features. However we
will be able to add this particular feature for next release , to make
sure we do not forget this please create a JIRA.

Thanks
Deepal

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris ,