Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Andrzej <bo...@wp.pl> on 2017/10/02 22:25:25 UTC

Phoenix - how to start?

I am new in Apache Phoenix.
I have installed SQuirreL and psql.py does sql operations, but my
.odbc.ini is empty. How fill it?
Phoenix changes sql select to scanners - is possible view scanner
operations?

Re: Phoenix - how to start?

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

On 10/3/17 3:00 AM, Andrzej wrote:
> W dniu 03.10.2017 o 01:35, Josh Elser pisze:
>> Apache Phoenix does not provide/ship an ODBC driver.
>>
>> One is provided by Hortonworks, but it is not open source. Would
>> recommend you use their forums if you need more information than is
>> included in the below tutorial.
>>
>> https://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/bi-apache-phoenix-odbc/
>
> Is possible access to Apache Phoenix without ODBC?
>
> HortonWorks and Simba drivers are in Rpm format, but I need Deb and this
> complicates ODBC installation.
> SQuirreL and psql.py works without ODBC driver, is possible access from
> C++ programs without ODBC like SQuirreL and psql.py ?

Apache Phoenix provides two JDBC drivers as the primary access layer.
The Phoenix Query Server (PQS) provides an API over HTTP which would let
you build your own driver if you so choose. The one aforementioned JDBC
driver uses PQS. The other JDBC driver directly communicates with HBase
and ZooKeeper.

Re: Phoenix - how to start?

Posted by Andrzej <bo...@wp.pl>.

Re: Phoenix - how to start?