Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steven Tseglin <ts...@neu.edu> on 2002/03/26 23:40:00 UTC

CGI ERROR

Since I installed and configured Apache on XP my CGI Scripts do not work.
I tried everything. I dowloaded ActivePerl to c:\Perl    in my CGI scirpts
I included the path #!C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe

In my .httpd i use:
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "c:/INTERNET/home/localhost/cgi/"
    ScriptAlias /cgi/ "c:/INTERNET/home/localhost/cgi/"

and c:/INTERNET/home/localhost/cgi/ is where i keep my cgi bin
when i run CGI file from DOS prompt its just fine.

Please help me or give some advice what might be wrong !!

RE: CGI ERROR

Posted by Joey Teel <ez...@cableone.net>.
Actually, your problems is here: #!C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe

If you change it to: #!C:/Perl/bin/perl.exe

That should fix it :)

> Since I installed and configured Apache on XP my CGI Scripts do not
work.
> I tried everything. I dowloaded ActivePerl to c:\Perl    in my CGI
scirpts
> I included the path #!C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe
>
> In my .httpd i use:
>     ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "c:/INTERNET/home/localhost/cgi/"
>     ScriptAlias /cgi/ "c:/INTERNET/home/localhost/cgi/"
>
> and c:/INTERNET/home/localhost/cgi/ is where i keep my cgi bin when i
> run CGI file from DOS prompt its just fine.

And what does it say in the error_log... (sigh)

Probably something about permissions - the program needs to be
executable by the apache user.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.

Re: CGI ERROR