Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/16 11:40:18 UTC

[VOTE] Apache IoTDB 0.11.2 RC4 release

Hi all,

0.11.2 RC4 is ready, it fixes the known issues of RC1, RC2 and RC3 (except
for the issues in client-cpp and compile-tools, i.e., you will find
"SNAPSHOT" word in these two folders. It will be fixed in 0.12).

Apache IoTDB 0.11.2 is a bug-fix version from 0.11.1.
You can get its main changes from [5].

Apache IoTDB 0.11.2 has been staged under [2] and it’s time to vote
on accepting it for release.  All Maven artifacts are available under [1].

Voting will be open for 72hr.
A minimum of 3 binding +1 votes and more binding +1 than binding -1
are required to pass.

Release tag: release/0.11.2
Hash for the release tag: 84364082b6565a459bb0f06218ef6046e10593c8

Before voting +1, PMC members are required to download
the signed source code package, compile it as provided, and test
the resulting executable on their own platform, along with also
verifying that the package meets the requirements of the ASF policy
on releases.[3]

You can achieve the above by following [4].

[ ]  +1 accept (indicate what you validated)
[ ]  -1 reject (explanation required)

Bugfix list:

* IOTDB-1049 Fix Nullpointer exception and a delete bug in Last query
* IOTDB-1060 Support full deletion for delete statement without where clause
* IOTDB-1068 Fix Time series metadata cache bug
* IOTDB-1069 restrict the flushing memtable number to avoid OOM when
mem_control is disabled
* IOTDB-1077 add insertOneDeviceRecords API in java session
* IOTDB-1087 fix compaction block flush: flush do not return until
compaction finished
* IOTDB-1106 Delete timeseries statement will incorrectly delete other
timeseries
* Github issue-2137 fix grafana value-time position bug
* Github issue-2169 GetObject returns String for all data types
* Github issue-2240 fix Sync failed: Socket is closed by peer
* Github issue-2387 The deleteData method exists in Session but not in
SessionPool.
* add thrift_max_frame_size in iotdb-engine.properties
* Fix incorrect last result after deleting all data
* Fix compaction recover block restart: IoTDB cannot restart until last
compaction recover task finished
* Fix compaction ignore modification file: delete does not work after
compaction
* print more insert error message in client
* expose enablePartition parameter into iotdb-engines.properpties

[1] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheiotdb-1054
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iotdb/0.11.2/rc4
[3] https://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release
[4]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IOTDB/Validating+a+staged+Release
[5] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iotdb/0.11.2/rc4/RELEASE_NOTES.md
[6] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iotdb/KEYS

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Re: [VOTE] Apache IoTDB 0.11.2 RC4 release

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi lei,

Thanks, my fault to upload files failed.. Have fixed the issus.

Best,
-----------------------------------

Lei Rui <ne...@163.com> 于2021年1月16日周六 下午10:25写道:

Posted by Benedict Jin <as...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Nice, the vote passes, I will close this vote.
Thanks, everyone.
-----------------------------------

JT <jt...@163.com> 于2021年1月22日周五 上午11:06写道:

回复: [VOTE] Apache IoTDB 0.11.2 RC4 release

Posted by JT <jt...@163.com>.
Greetings,

+1 (Binding)

The source release:
apache headers [ok]
signatures and hashes [ok]
LICENSE and NOTICE [ok]
no jar files [ok]
mvn package [ok]

The binary distribution:
signatures and hashes [ok]
start in Windows10, jdk8 [ok]
[...]

&gt; ✔ extract SRC bundle, verify the existence of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files in the extracted source bundle
&gt; ✔ [RM] verify the staged source README, RELEASE_NOTE files correspond to those in the extracted source bundle
&gt; ✔ check the contents zzof LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES
&gt; ✔ UNPACK the binary artifact and check the contents of LICENSE-binary and NOTICE-binary
&gt; ✔ build from directions in README with an empty maven local repo: mvn clean package -DskipTests -Dmaven.repo.local=../.m2
&gt; ✔ Search for SNAPSHOT references: find . -type f -name 'pom.xml' -exec grep -l "SNAPSHOT" {} \;
&gt; &gt; (except for the issues in client-cpp and compile-tools, i.e., you will find "SNAPSHOT" word in these two folders. It will be fixed in 0.12).
[...]
&gt; [1] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheiotdb-1054
&gt; [2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iotdb/0.11.2/rc4
&gt; [3] https://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release
&gt; [4]