Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Rodrigo Schmidt <rs...@facebook.com> on 2009/03/19 05:11:16 UTC

Output file name

In a Hadoop job, how do I set the prefix of the output files to something different than "part-" ?

I mean, what should I do if I want my output files to be named "piece-00000" instead of "part-00000"?

Cheers,
Rodrigo

Re: Output file name

Posted by Runping Qi <ru...@gmail.com>.
You need to implement your own OutputFormat.
See MultipleOutputFormat class for examples.

Runping