Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Dylan Tynan <ty...@cadence.com> on 2007/12/04 22:07:58 UTC

segmentation faul exit (11) .. but not php?

Hi, on an internal system I have a slightly older apache/mod_perl setup
running & we're seeing the segmentation fault exit (11) issue
(http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:yRtrb5W_BdUJ:modperlbook.org/html/
22-3-3-exit-signal-Segmentation-fault-11.html+%22exit+signal+Segmentatio
n%22+mod_perl&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us) show up in the error log at the
end of each page delivery by the server.  99% of the time things work
fine even with this error, though eventually pages start showing up
empty until a restart.   I'd like to eliminate this problem....however,
we're not using mod_php and I don't believe it's compiled into the
server, unless I'm not aware of the right way to check for that....
(note that we do have a number of php modules installed on the system
though).   There is no LoadModule for anything php related in my
httpd.conf and "httpd -l" does not show anything php-related.  I'm
wondering if perhaps this issue also occurs as a result of other
packages ... perhaps mod_dav_svn?  Any ideas?  Maybe I'm missing
something....?

Here is a list of stuff we're using:

Linux blahblah 2.6.9-11.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri May 20 18:25:30 EDT 2005 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

/usr/sbin/httpd -v

Server version: Apache/2.0.52

Server built:   Feb 28 2005 07:21:27

(yes I know it's missing the latest security patches.....)

/usr/sbin/httpd -l

Compiled in modules:

  core.c

  prefork.c

  http_core.c

  mod_so.c

grep -i loadmod httpd.conf 2>&1

LoadModule access_module modules/mod_access.so

LoadModule auth_module modules/mod_auth.so

LoadModule auth_anon_module modules/mod_auth_anon.so

LoadModule auth_dbm_module modules/mod_auth_dbm.so

LoadModule auth_digest_module modules/mod_auth_digest.so

LoadModule ldap_module modules/mod_ldap.so

LoadModule auth_ldap_module modules/mod_auth_ldap.so

LoadModule include_module modules/mod_include.so

LoadModule log_config_module modules/mod_log_config.so

LoadModule env_module modules/mod_env.so

LoadModule mime_magic_module modules/mod_mime_magic.so

LoadModule cern_meta_module modules/mod_cern_meta.so

LoadModule expires_module modules/mod_expires.so

LoadModule deflate_module modules/mod_deflate.so

LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so

LoadModule usertrack_module modules/mod_usertrack.so

LoadModule setenvif_module modules/mod_setenvif.so

LoadModule mime_module modules/mod_mime.so

LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so

LoadModule dav_svn_module modules/mod_dav_svn.so

LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so

LoadModule autoindex_module modules/mod_autoindex.so

LoadModule asis_module modules/mod_asis.so

LoadModule info_module modules/mod_info.so

LoadModule dav_fs_module modules/mod_dav_fs.so

LoadModule vhost_alias_module modules/mod_vhost_alias.so

LoadModule negotiation_module modules/mod_negotiation.so

LoadModule dir_module modules/mod_dir.so

LoadModule imap_module modules/mod_imap.so

LoadModule actions_module modules/mod_actions.so

LoadModule speling_module modules/mod_speling.so

LoadModule userdir_module modules/mod_userdir.so

LoadModule alias_module modules/mod_alias.so

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so

LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so

LoadModule cache_module modules/mod_cache.so

LoadModule suexec_module modules/mod_suexec.so

LoadModule disk_cache_module modules/mod_disk_cache.so

LoadModule file_cache_module modules/mod_file_cache.so

LoadModule mem_cache_module modules/mod_mem_cache.so

LoadModule cgi_module modules/mod_cgi.so

PerlLoadModule Apache2::Status