Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Carol Gray <cg...@calmail.berkeley.edu> on 2004/10/28 02:37:51 UTC

running multiple instances of cocoon

Hello,
I have two--and will have more--web applications that are separate
instances of cocoon. (The classes and other cocoon files are in the WEB-INF
directory of each web application.) This works fine under Tomcat 5.
However, when deployed in JBoss, both version 3.2.5 and 4.0.0, I get an
error when trying to launch the second application: "The given container
name is not unique:cocoon portal". Any clues as to how to avoid this?

Assuming I can work around the above problem, I would also like to have the
large .jar files, common library files, in just one place. Is it possible
to have a shared library directory for these library files? If so, where
would it be located and would I need to do anything in particular to my web
applications to point to this directory?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Carol

Re: running multiple instances of cocoon

Posted by Ugo Cei <ug...@apache.org>.
Il giorno 28/ott/04, alle 02:37, Carol Gray ha scritto:

> Assuming I can work around the above problem, I would also like to
> have the large .jar files, common library files, in just one place. Is
> it possible to have a shared library directory for these library
> files? If so, where would it be located and would I need to do
> anything in particular to my web applications to point to this
> directory?

$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib should be the right place, I think. As for
JBoss, sorry but I can't help you with that.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/