Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Heping Zhang <ph...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/21 02:58:03 UTC

looking for such a component

hi, all, I'm a novice to tapestry. And I wonder whether there is such a
compenont. Generally, it acts like a table. But while table presents content
this way:
-----------------
row 1
-----------------
row 2
-----------------
row 3
-----------------
row 4
-----------------
I am looking for a component presents content this way:
---------+----------
row 1  |  row 2
---------+----------
row 3  |  row 4
---------+----------
it puts the contest into grids, not rows. Is there any conponents like this?
thank you!

Re: looking for such a component

Posted by Heping Zhang <ph...@gmail.com>.
hi, Jonathan, thank you. That's what I am trying to do now. As I have ever
used JSF and it has a table component which can designate its style to
ask it display rows as grids, I do know whether tap has such a component,
so I post this email. Still thanks for your help. Your demo helps me with
this For component!

RE: looking for such a component

Posted by Jonathan Barker <jo...@gmail.com>.

Have you considered a simple @For and then use CSS and display:block,
float:left to generate the positioning?

It looks like you are wanting a multi-column display of a list, rather than
a real table.  Play around with
<ul class="mylist">
<li>row 1</li>
<li>row 2</li>
... etc.
</ul>

And in css:
ul.mylist li {
	display:block;
	float:left;
	width: 50px;
}

You will render the list horizontally until you hit a containing element, so
if you have the list inside a fixed-width <div>, then you can limit the
number horizontally.  You will also need to play with padding and margins in
your css.