Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com> on 2021/05/26 09:41:27 UTC

MSSQL compatbility for Airflow, YAY!

Hello everyone,

After a looooong struggle and ENORMOUS effort from Aneesh Joseph we have
just merged the PR that adds MSSQL for the Dev version of Airflow.
https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/9973

It has full support for MSSQL - on-par with MySQL and Postgres to run
Airflow in production.

We will likely have to sort out some documentation and do some more
verification on how well it copes with Scheduler HA scenario and update the
docs but it looks like the next  "minor" release of Airflow will have
full support for MSSQL backend.

It would be great if people who are interested in MSQL in the community
could take it for a spin and test it more in "production like" settings.

Thanks Aneesh for your patience and persistence! You needed a lot of it.

The PR was started in July 2020 (!) but it went through many comments and
iterations and I think it touched nearly every part of Airflow - starting
from core changes to accommodate MSSQL limits, CI configuration, Breeze,
SQLAlchemy migrations - you name it. And countless rebases and conflict
resolution along the way! And Countless comments from many committers who
helped to move this forward.

Fantastic job! This is great to have such people in the community who can
deliver huge things like this.

J.

--
+48 660 796 129

Re: MSSQL compatbility for Airflow, YAY!

Posted by Dennis Akpenyi <de...@gmail.com>.
Awesome job, Anesh! And a big shoutout to everyone who contributed!

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ry Walker <ry...@rywalker.com>.

Posted by Ry Walker <ry...@rywalker.com>.

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.