Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Santiago Urrizola <ch...@yahoo.com.ar> on 2005/06/10 19:39:14 UTC

J2 - Top Search Portlet

Hi, i need to add a portlet (or a form) to do a search some tables of my
database.
My layour is the defaul layout of jetssped2
       -----------------TOP  -  SEARCH  ------------------
      ---- MENU -----  ------------------------------------

      ---- MENU ----- ------------------------------------

      ---- MENU ----- --------MAIN CONTENT -------

      ---- MENU ----- ------------------------------------

      ---- MENU ----- ------------------------------------

The SEARCH is a simple form, with an input text, where the user enter some
words, and whe search in some tables de result. But i need to display the
result in the MAIN CONTENT, in a portlet in the entire page.
I think to dos this, writing a servlet and hit the servlet when the user
enter a word in the SEARCH FORM,
the servlet do the search and set the result (list) in the session, and then
forward to a psml who display a portlet with the result, the problem is that
the session in the servlet its diferent form the session in the portlet.

Does anyone can help my how to solve this, any idea ?? otherwise to write a
portlet ??

Thanks a lot !!!
Santiago

Re: J2 - Top Search Portlet

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Randy Watler wrote:
> Santiago,
>
> Perhaps you should consider offering the search query in one portlet and
> the results in another.

There are examples of this in the source code, look at the source for
User, Group, Role, and SSO Management portlets

> Yes, there have been some access issues reported between servlet and
> portlet session access even if they are deployed in the same webapp. I
> am not sure of their status/validity.

Not between two portlets

Re: J2 - Top Search Portlet

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Santiago,

Perhaps you should consider offering the search query in one portlet and
the results in another.

Yes, there have been some access issues reported between servlet and
portlet session access even if they are deployed in the same webapp. I
am not sure of their status/validity.

Randy