Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Malte Kempff <ke...@medicalcolumbus.de> on 2002/12/05 14:09:41 UTC

AW: compression option

Hi Scott,
I have the trouble to send huge data through a soap-service. Right now I do
it via a Vector, but it is much to slow for a ISDN-Line, for instance.
Do I put it right, that using
SOAPContext ctx = new SOAPContext();
ctx.setGzip(true);
and put
<isd:option key="gzip" value="true"/>
to the deploy descripor
will automaticly compresses the soap message on the server site and
decrompresses it on the client, not depending on any data-type used in this
request,
or does this only work by compressing and decompressing data programmaticly
using an attachment(coded on your own)?

thanks a lot,

Malte