Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andre Augusto Cesta <ac...@clear.co.nz> on 2003/05/02 02:44:25 UTC

build, and runtime dependencies, manifest file, loading problem.

I am having a problem with dependencies, manifest files, and class loading.

Assume you have 3 dependencies on the project.xml file <dependencies> node.

These 3 dependencies will be used to BUILD your code.

When your code is packaged, the manifest.mf file the jar package will
list these
3 dependencies (I put one of them as an example below:)

ant-optional-Extension-Name: ant-optional
ant-optional-Implementation-Version: 1.5.2
ant-optional-Implementation-URL:
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/ant/jars/ant-optional-1.5.2.jar

When starting the application, the JVM complains about the dependencies
on the manifest.mf
not being there.  But they are not required to RUN the application, just
to BUILD it.

I've attached the project.xml file and the manifest.mf.