Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Arkadiusz Miskiewicz <mi...@pld.ORG.PL> on 2002/04/08 20:06:44 UTC

DESTDIR support

As build-outputs.mk is autogenerated using python scripts,
so probably it will be really easy to add DESTDIR support.

I mean well known in projects that use automake:
make install DESTDIR=/tmp/qq

What developers think about that?
--
Arkadiusz Miƛkiewicz   IPv6 ready PLD Linux at http://www.pld.org.pl
misiek(at)pld.org.pl   AM2-6BONE, 1024/3DB19BBD, arekm(at)ircnet, PWr

Re: DESTDIR support

Posted by Greg Hudson <gh...@MIT.EDU>.
On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 16:06, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> I mean well known in projects that use automake:
> make install DESTDIR=/tmp/qq
>
> What developers think about that?

We don't already have it?  For shame!

I was the one who asked rms to add DESTDIR as a recommendation in the
gnu makefile standards, and provided the wording, which presumably led
to it being implemented in automake.  DESTDIR allows for easier building
of packages, among other things.

So, +1 here.