Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Yellow Man <ye...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/27 06:34:56 UTC

Serialization error of JetspeedPersistenceService$Page

I was able to run Jetspeed (1.3a2) inside
JBoss2.4.4+Tomcat4.0.1. However, I got the
serialization errors when I deploy Jetspeed and
undeploy Jetspeed.

[ERROR,EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX]
StandardManager[/jetspeed] Exception loading sessions
from persistent storage java.io.WriteAbortedException:
Writing aborted by exception; java.io.NotSerializ
ableException:
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.service.JetspeedPersistenceService$Page

Santiago,

Santiago Gala wrote:

> Paul Spencer wrote:
>
> >I am seen the following in the Tomcat 4.0 (final)
> >log\localhost_log.yyyy_mm_dd file.  Is this a
Jetspeed, Turbine, or a
> >Tomcat problem?
> >
> An interaction. Tomcat 4 tries to store active
sessions to disk (by
> default) during shutdown, and recovers them on
startup. We are storing
> one or more

How can we tell Tomcat not to store active sessions?

> JetspeedPersistenceService$Page
>
> in the session, and these objects are not declared
as serializable, so
> tomcat cannot serialize the session.
>
> I don't think it is a deep issue for the moment.

Should this be entered in Bugzilla and marked as a low
priority bug or
enhancement?

Paul Spencer

Re: Serialization error of JetspeedPersistenceService$Page

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
I will be entering this in bugzilla.  In short Tomcat is trying to
recreate sessions that where active when it last shutdown.  This should
not affect any new sessions.

Paul Spencer

Posted by Josselin Lebret <jo...@sycomore.fr>.