Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Gaurav Kalia <ga...@techblue.co.uk> on 2010/07/26 10:01:16 UTC

Searching in a Particular Catalog/Store

Hi All

In Ofbiz we have keyword search functionality, right now when I search
using any keyword it search in all the Catalogs/Stores and return the
result.

I would like to know how can I configure it to search in a particular
Catalog/Store.

Please suggest

TIA

Regards

Gaurav

Re: Searching in a Particular Catalog/Store

Posted by kaliagaurav <ga...@techblue.co.uk>.
Now when I click on find in simple search it is not returning any
results back but earlier its is showing all the demo products.

Please suggest

Thanks

Gaurav

Posted by kaliagaurav <ga...@techblue.co.uk>.
Hi David

Thanks for the help.

I have tried using the hidden parameter "/SEARCH_CATALOG_ID/" in
keyworksearchbox.ftl and it worked very well.

I will create an issue and will add this as a patch.

But would like to clear my one more doubt if I can have more than one
catalog for a web application does that means it will still look into
the currently selected catalog or preciously we can not search in more
than one catalog.

Please suggest

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Can you please post the exception?

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
my guess is your  added line is overriding the catalog selection which
has a default.

kaliagaurav sent the following on 7/26/2010 7:41 AM:

Posted by kaliagaurav <ga...@techblue.co.uk>.
Hi All

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Gaurav,

You have to pass prodCatalogId to configured search to particular
Catalog/Store.
Please refer keywordsearch.groovy for more reference.

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit