Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Wade Smart <wa...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/25 19:26:33 UTC

Re: EXPORTING NARRATIVE FILES

What system are you using and what version
of OO are you using?
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
On 5/27/2020 1:52 AM, Haim Giloh wrote:
>   Hello, please be aware:  this mail has been *sent erroneously to me*,
> instead of to the person who has submitted the question.
> To a number of other people asking for support has happened the same.
> Sincerely,
> Haim Giloh

Haim;

As Peter already explained this is a public mailing list; which means
that all subscribed users receive all e-mails sent to the list. If you
do not want wish to receive these mails you can unsubscribe  to the
list. At the bottom of e-mails there is a link to unsubscribe. Just
click that link and it will send an e-mail. You will then receive an
e-mail that you must reply to that will complete the process.

<snip>

Re: EXPORTING NARRATIVE FILES

Posted by Haim Giloh <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.
At 15:06 26/05/2020 -0500, Steven Ahlers wrote:
>I generally generate PDFs from the print dialogue: from File menu
>choose Print, in bottom left corner there's a button to start the
>PDF dialogue which allows you to name the file and where you want to save it.

Really? Then you cannot be using OpenOffice! There is no such button.

The only way to can use the Print dialogue to create a PDF version of
a document is if you happen to have a PDF virtual printer installed
on your system. That is quite a useful thing to have and you might
want to recommend it to others, but it is not a part of OpenOffice
and you cannot assume others will have it.

Brian Barker

Re: EXPORTING NARRATIVE FILES

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.
At 17:35 26/05/2020 -0400, Drew Jensen wrote:
>Same for AOO on Linux, print to pdf works for me. (AOO 4.2 dev build)

So you are saying that your Linux installation also comes with a PDF
virtual printer? Good. But - again - we cannot assume that this is so
for all users, as it is not part of OpenOffice.

Brian Barker

Re: EXPORTING NARRATIVE FILES

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
The users mailing list send to all who are subscribed. So you receive all mails send to the list.

Posted by Haim Giloh <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Haim Giloh <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Haim Giloh <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.
At 17:11 26/05/2020 -0500, Steven Ahlers wrote:
>Yes, I primarily use my Mac. I guess I assumed that Windoz was the
>same. Just tried on my Windoz machine and the choice came up as a
>printer at the top of the print dialogue. Thanks for alerting me to
>the difference.

So - like me -  you have a PDF virtual printer installed on your
Windows system. That's wise, since creating a PDF version of your
document via the Print dialogue and a virtual printer provides
facilities not available via the built-in Export as PDF..., such as
OpenOffice's "Brochure" option.

Brian Barker

Re: EXPORTING NARRATIVE FILES

Posted by Haim Giloh <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steven Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Haim Giloh <gi...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 12:42 AM Brian Barker

Posted by Chuck Spalding <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steven Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Edward Eckhard <ea...@centurylink.net>.