Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by tomw <to...@ubilix.com> on 2012/11/14 16:06:53 UTC

IndexFormatTooOldException with Solr4.0 ?

Hi folks,

I was trying to use an index created by Solr 4.0 by mahout. However,
creating the vectors like:

bin/mahout lucene.vector -d ~/apache-solr-4.0.0/example/solr/data/index
--output /tmp/mahout/vectors --field text --idField id
--dictOut /tmp/mahout/dict.txt --norm 2

fails with an error:

Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexFormatTooOldException: Format version is
not supported

which is kind of surprising as the entire stack is the latest one
available. Does it mean that Solr is creating the index in some kind of
old format?

Any idea?

Thanks,

--tomw

Re: IndexFormatTooOldException with Solr4.0 ?

Posted by tomw <to...@ubilix.com>.
On Mo, 2012-11-19 at 15:54 -0500, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> Correct.  The 4.0 work is not committed yet.  I'm hoping to consolidate some of the redundant code around Lucene as part of this upgrade.  Also, some of the constructors, etc. appear to have changed.  In general, I'd like to make it a little easier to leverage the variety of options some of the library of analyzers offers.

Great. Although I'm fairly new to Mahout - if I could be of any help,
let me know. At least,  I would be more than happy to test it.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

On Nov 19, 2012, at 12:30 PM, tomw wrote:

>> I'm using 0.80 SNAPSHOT and indeed the root cause may be that mahout
>> does not support solr 4.0 yet. Just tested with 3.6.1 and it works fine.
>> The error however is a bit misleading...
>>

> Digging a bit deeper, I realized that the dependencies point to Lucene
> 3.6.0 which is the reason that Lucene 4.0 indexes are not recognized.
>
> According to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-1112 Mahout is
> just about to get ready for Lucene 4.0 and basically it should work.
> However, if I look at the Mahout trunk
> (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/mahout/trunk/), the dependencies are still
> set to:
>
> <properties>
>    <skipTests>false</skipTests>
>    <maven.clover.multiproject>true</maven.clover.multiproject>
>    <project.build.sourceEncoding>UTF-8</project.build.sourceEncoding>
>    <hadoop.version>1.0.4</hadoop.version>
>    <lucene.version>3.6.0</lucene.version>
>  </properties>
>
> Is there a way to build and to use any actual version with Lucene 4.0?
>
> thanks,
>
> --tomw

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidworks.com

Re: IndexFormatTooOldException with Solr4.0 ?

Posted by tomw <to...@ubilix.com>.

Posted by tomw <to...@ubilix.com>.

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.