Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by GDS <gu...@yahoo.it> on 2006/06/14 19:10:05 UTC

Unable to log from a jar library (oc4j)

Hi all,

I'm facing the following strange (at least for me:) problem:

I have developed a very simple library (let's  say a.jar) using log4j as
logging tool.

When I use this library a.jar within a web application (so
/WEB-INF/lib/a.jar) a get no message from the classes in a.jar.

If I unzip the classes from a.jar in /WEB-INF/classes  everything works:
i.e. a get the logging message according to the configuration.

Do you have any idea?
I'm using Oracle OC4J

Thanks

gds

Re: Unable to log from a jar library (oc4j)

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
Add -Dlog4j.debug to the command line to see how log4j is being
configured.  If you are using a config file, where do you keep it?

On 6/14/06, GDS <gu...@yahoo.it> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm facing the following strange (at least for me:) problem:
>
> I have developed a very simple library (let's  say a.jar) using log4j as
> logging tool.
>
> When I use this library a.jar within a web application (so
> /WEB-INF/lib/a.jar) a get no message from the classes in a.jar.
>
> If I unzip the classes from a.jar in /WEB-INF/classes  everything works:
> i.e. a get the logging message according to the configuration.
>
> Do you have any idea?
> I'm using Oracle OC4J
>
> Thanks
>
> gds