Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by manish <ma...@npi.stpn.soft.net> on 2002/05/29 06:19:10 UTC

How to redirect Using Redirector....?

Hello,
    I am trying to redirect the user to some url in "act" function, it
execute the related xsp page, but don't display any thing on browser.
    your help will be highly appriciatable

Thanks and regards,
Manish Jain

The code is like...

          if
(((String)request.getAttribute("PermissionDenied")).equals("true"))
            {
                request.setAttribute("PermissionDenied","false");

                redirector.redirect(false,"showerror");
                }
                catch(IOException io)
                {
                    System.out.println("can not do rediect"+io);
                }
                return ;
            }

Re: How to redirect Using Redirector....?

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
I would suggest you don't redirect in the Action.

Make the Action return null, and what is in the Act tag will be skipped.

   <map:act type="check-auth">
       <map:generate type="serverpages" src="hello.xsp"/>
       <map:serialize type="html"/>
       <!-- after serialize the processing stops, like in "return" in
java -->
   </map:act>
   <map:generate src="showerror.html"/>
   <map:serialize type="html"/>

>     I am trying to redirect the user to some url in "act" function, it
> execute the related xsp page, but don't display any thing on browser.
>     your help will be highly appriciatable
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Manish Jain
>
> The code is like...
>
>           if
> (((String)request.getAttribute("PermissionDenied")).equals("true"))
>             {
>                 request.setAttribute("PermissionDenied","false");
>

>                 redirector.redirect(false,"showerror");
>                 }
>                 catch(IOException io)
>                 {
>                     System.out.println("can not do rediect"+io);
>                 }
>                 return ;
>             }

            - verba volant, scripta manent -