Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Je...@hk.standardchartered.com on 2004/09/27 09:02:03 UTC

secure password and processor trees

        I will shortly be trying to be clever with James. Before I dig
myself into a klien pit, can anyone answer a couple of questions.

1.   Is there away to store the root password anywhere more secure than in
the config.xml file? Is it fundamentally different from other user
accounts (other than privilige of course :-)?

2.   Is it legitimate for two distinct processors to contain ToProcessor
mailets that forward to a common Processor? I can see lots of inherent
dangers in this but for completeness sake I would like to understand.

eg. (much stuff omitted for clarity)

<processor name="root">
   <mailet match="ConditionA" class="ToProcessor">
       <processor>A<processor>
   <\mailet>
   <mailet match="ConditionB" class="ToProcessor">
       <processor>B<processor>
   <\mailet>
<\processor>

<processor name="A">
    <mailet match="ConditionC" class="ToProcessor">
       <processor>C<processor>
   <\mailet>
<\processor>

<processor name="B">
    <mailet match="ConditionC" class="ToProcessor">
       <processor>C<processor>
   <\mailet>
<\processor>

<processor name="C">
    <mailet match="All" class="DoGoodStuff">
   <\mailet>
<\processor>

Much regard for a good project
        Jeremy

Retrieval of mail delivered to error bin.

Posted by Darryl Genner <da...@vivid.co.za>.
Hi all,

What would I be required to do in order to retrieve emails that have
been delivered to the 'error' and 'address-error' destinations? Do user
accounts exist for these, or will I have to move them manually to a read
inbox for collection and if so, what will the effect be on the spool
manager?

Thank you,
Darryl.

Re: secure password and processor trees