Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com> on 2013/03/04 18:51:13 UTC

Master branch build is broken again

Hi there,

I could not compile master after pulling latest code today,  build failed with the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile (default-compile) on project cloud-engine-orchestration: Compilation failure
[ERROR] /Users/minc/dev/cloud-asf/engine/orchestration/src/org/apache/cloudstack/engine/cloud/entity/api/db/VMEntityVO.java:[52,7] org.apache.cloudstack.engine.cloud.entity.api.db.VMEntityVO is not abstract and does not override abstract method getNewSvcOfferingId() in com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachine
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]

I checked the commit history, it seems related to commit e0019eccd997d9b2b3ff9395bcd99f821f5121db, so CC Nitin here. Can somebody quickly fix this? This is blocking me from verifying CLOUDSTACK-1491 and merge my feature branch vim51_win8.

       Thanks
-min

Re: Master branch build is broken again

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 11:19:50AM +0530, Nitin Mehta wrote:
> Chip - This is relatively small feature and more or less isolated with
> other functionalities.
> IMHO I don¹t think it needs a different feature branch. I will definitely
> add unit tests for this though.

I disagree.  As Alex noted, you changed 18 files and the build obviously
broke because of it.  I'd assess this change as being one that "doing
the right thing" would be to have had a branch from which to propose a merge.
It's a gray area, but leaning towards more a conservative approach to
master branch stability will serve us well as a community.

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 10:10:45PM +0530, Prasanna Santhanam wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 11:15:18AM -0500, Min Chen wrote:
> > Thanks Prasanna. I did mvn build before merging to master locally,
> > not sure what happened here. Will check my local files again when I
> > am back to my computer.
>
> Let's not just do a build. Let's also try to deploy the server. In this
> case the build was fine but the server fails to startup.

+1M

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.
Thanks Prasanna. I did mvn build before merging to master locally, not sure what happened here. Will check my local files again when I am back to my computer.

-min

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

--
Prasanna.,

Re: Master branch build is broken again

Posted by "Mills, Joseph" <jo...@midokura.jp>.
Hi Min,

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pradeep Soundararajan <pr...@citrix.com>.
It is broken. We are getting this error only in master branch.

Failed to execute goal on project cloud-vmware-base: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.apache.cloudstack:cloud-vmware-base:jar:4.2.0-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find com.cloud.com.vmware:vmware-vim25:jar:5.1 in http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

Thanks,
Pradeep S

From: Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>>
To: "cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org<ma...@incubator.apache.org>" <cl...@incubator.apache.org>>
Cc: Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>>, Abhinandan Prateek <Ab...@citrix.com>>

Filed blocker for this build issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-1502. Hope that somebody can pick it up and fix immediately. Merge is blocked again:(

Thanks
-min

On 3/4/13 10:27 AM, "Min Chen" <mi...@citrix.com>> wrote:

Even with Nitin's revert, master still failed with the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input
string: ""
at
java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:
4
8)
at java.lang.Short.parseShort(Short.java:120)
at java.lang.Short.parseShort(Short.java:78)
at com.cloud.api.doc.ApiXmlDocWriter.main(ApiXmlDocWriter.java:147)

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:exec (compile) on project
cloud-apidoc: Command execution failed. Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit value: 1) -> [Help 1]

Anybody knows about this?

Thanks
-min

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.