Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org> on 2018/01/27 16:41:38 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Knox 1.0.0 RC-1

A candidate for the Apache Knox 1.0.0 release is available at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/knox/knox-1.0.0/

The release candidate is a zip archive of the sources in:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/knox.git
Branch v1.0.0 (git checkout -b v{gateway-version})

The KEYS file for signature validation is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/knox/KEYS

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Knox 1.0.0.

This release is nearly identical to 0.14.0 with the exception of:

* repackaging of the classes to remove "hadoop" from the package
names
* handful of patches for rounding out service discovery
and topology generation
* moved the Apache Hadoop dependency to Hadoop 3.0

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 Apache Knox PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Knox 1.0.0

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Knox 1.0.0 RC-1

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
+1 (Minor nit: It's better to refer to the git tag instead of the branch in
the vote mail).

Colm.

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 6:30 PM, Jeffrey Rodriguez <je...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> +1
>
> On Saturday, January 27, 2018, larry mccay <lm...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > A candidate for the Apache Knox 1.0.0 release is available at:
> >
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/knox/knox-1.0.0/
> >
> > The release candidate is a zip archive of the sources in:
> >
> > https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/knox.git
> > Branch v1.0.0 (git checkout -b v{gateway-version})
> >
> > The KEYS file for signature validation is available at:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/knox/KEYS
> >
> > Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Knox 1.0.0.
> >
> > This release is nearly identical to 0.14.0 with the exception of:
> >
> > * repackaging of the classes to remove "hadoop" from the package
> > names
> > * handful of patches for rounding out service discovery
> > and topology generation
> > * moved the Apache Hadoop dependency to Hadoop 3.0
> >
> > The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
> > least three +1 Apache Knox PMC votes are cast.
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Knox 1.0.0

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Knox 1.0.0 RC-1

Posted by Jeffrey Rodriguez <je...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Philip Zampino <pz...@gmail.com>.
+1

* Downloaded and built from source (with Java 1.8.0_144)
* Checked LICENSE and NOTICE files
* Verified GPG/MD5/SHA signatures for Knox source
* Checked CHANGES file
* Ran Knox tests
* Verified remote configuration management via ZooKeeper
* Verified knoxcli for listing provider configurations and descriptors in
ZooKeeper (KNOX-1137)
* Verified that the relationship changes effected among descriptors and
provider configs when knox is
  NOT running are correctly established at Knox start-up (KNOX-1144)

Just re-iterating the aforementioned CHANGES issue wrt KNOX-1144; Not a
blocker IMO.

Posted by Philip Zampino <pz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sandeep More <mo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Larry, finally we have 1.0.0 !

+1

* Downloaded and built from source (with Java 1.8.0_101)
* Checked LICENSE and NOTICE files
* Verified GPG/MD5/SHA signatures for Knox source, Knox and Knoxshell
release packages (zip files)
* Installed pseudo-distributed instance (Mac OS X )
* Ran through knox tests
* Checked websocket functionality
* Checked Topology Port Mapping feature
* Checked KnoxShell samples
* Tested KnoxSSO
* Checked the UI (read only for generated topologies)

I had some minor issues (401 unauthorized access) testing the
'ExampleOozieWorkflow.groovy' script (only for oozie though) from samples,
I think this was due to some misconfiguration on my environment.
Noting here just in case anyone has the same issue we might have a problem.

Congratulations on 1.0.0 !

Best,
Sandeep