Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by redolcas <re...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/19 17:59:30 UTC

ActiveMQ 5.5.1: bin/activemq command doesn't start on Mac as it is said on Getting Start Guide

Hello, Guys.

Just downloaded ActiveMQ and installation was successful, but when I try to
initialize it, there is no message

"INFO  ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker
(ID:apple-s-Computer.local-51222-1140729837569-0:0) has started"

as said on Getting Started Guide.

Just messages bellow appears in my console, without any error messages:

=====

INFO: Using default configuration
(you can configure options in one of these file: /etc/default/activemq
/Users/RdOC/.activemqrc)

INFO: Invoke the following command to create a configuration file
/usr/local/Cellar/activemq/5.5.1/libexec/bin/activemq setup [
/etc/default/activemq | /Users/RdOC/.activemqrc ]

INFO: Using java
'/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java'
Java Runtime: Oracle Corporation 1.7.0_04
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
  Heap sizes: current=251264k  free=249951k  max=251264k
    JVM args: -Xms256M -Xmx256M
-Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=true
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties
-Dactivemq.classpath=/usr/local/Cellar/activemq/5.5.1/libexec/conf;
-Dactivemq.home=/usr/local/Cellar/activemq/5.5.1/libexec
-Dactivemq.base=/usr/local/Cellar/activemq/5.5.1/libexec
ACTIVEMQ_HOME: /usr/local/Cellar/activemq/5.5.1/libexec
ACTIVEMQ_BASE: /usr/local/Cellar/activemq/5.5.1/libexec
Usage: Main [--extdir <dir>] [task] [task-options] [task data]

Tasks (default task is start):
    start           - Creates and starts a broker using a configuration
file, or a broker URI.
    create          - Creates a runnable broker instance in the specified
path
    stop            - Stops a running broker specified by the broker name.
    list            - Lists all available brokers in the specified JMX
context.
    query           - Display selected broker component's attributes and
statistics.
    browse          - Display selected messages in a specified destination.
    journal-audit   - Allows you to view records stored in the persistent
journal.
    purge           - Delete selected destination's messages that matches
the message selector
    encrypt         - Encrypts given text
    decrypt         - Decrypts given text

Task Options (Options specific to each task):
    --extdir <dir>  - Add the jar files in the directory to the classpath.
    --version       - Display the version information.
    -h,-?,--help    - Display this help information. To display task
specific help, use Main [task] -h,-?,--help

Task Data:
    - Information needed by each specific task.

Tasks provided by the sysv init script:
    restart         - stop running instance (if there is one), start new
instance
    console         - start broker in foreground, useful for debugging
purposes
    status          - check if activemq process is running
    setup           - create the specified configuration file for this init
script
                      (see next usage section)

Configuration of this script:
    The configuration of this script can be placed on /etc/default/activemq
or /Users/RdOC/.activemqrc.
    To use additional configurations for running multiple instances on the
same operating system
    rename or symlink script to a name matching to
activemq-instance-<INSTANCENAME>.
    This changes the configuration location to
/etc/default/activemq-instance-<INSTANCENAME> and
    $HOME/.activemqrc-instance-<INSTANCENAME>. Configuration files in /etc
have higher precedence.

=====

And if I try command netstat an|grep -61616  there is no process running.

Someone can helpe me?

Thanks in advance.

Re: ActiveMQ 5.5.1: bin/activemq command doesn't start on Mac as it is said on Getting Start Guide

Posted by redolcas <re...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much, tabish121.

Re: ActiveMQ 5.5.1: bin/activemq command doesn't start on Mac as it is said on Getting Start Guide

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 08:59 -0700, redolcas wrote:
> [...]
>     status          - check if activemq process is running
>     setup           - create the specified configuration file for this init
> script
>                       (see next usage section)
>
> Configuration of this script:
>     The configuration of this script can be placed on /etc/default/activemq
> or /Users/RdOC/.activemqrc.
>     To use additional configurations for running multiple instances on the
> same operating system
>     rename or symlink script to a name matching to
> activemq-instance-<INSTANCENAME>.
>     This changes the configuration location to
> /etc/default/activemq-instance-<INSTANCENAME> and
>     $HOME/.activemqrc-instance-<INSTANCENAME>. Configuration files in /etc
> have higher precedence.
>
> =====
>
> And if I try command netstat an|grep -61616  there is no process running.

To run AMQ in the background; run ./bin/activemq start

To run AMQ in the foreground run ./bin/activemq console

> Thanks in advance.

Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | FuseSource Corp
tim.bish@fusesource.com | www.fusesource.com