Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Michael Busch <bu...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/06 00:38:39 UTC

Welcome Robert Muir as Lucene Java core committer!

I'm excited to announce that the Lucene PMC has voted to promote Robert
Muir to Lucene Java core committer.
Robert was previously contrib committer and it has always been a
pleasure to work with him.

Please join me in welcoming Robert aboard!

  Michael

Re: Welcome Robert Muir as Lucene Java core committer!

Posted by Michael Busch <bu...@gmail.com>.
On 11/8/09 7:05 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

>> - Uwe and his "heavy committing" was worth the 6 hour plane ride each
>> way alone. It never gets old - I can now laugh on cue. More beer is
>> owed ;)
>
> Yeah, that and Busch's "UnexpectedSuccessException"...  I'm looking
> forward to that patch, along w/ Hoss' unit test for it.

Definitely one of the goals in my life!

  Michael

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Nov 7, 2009, at 11:13 PM, Mark Miller wrote:

> Def was great to hang out with everyone at ApacheCon

+1

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Def was great to hang out with everyone at ApacheCon - Uwe and his
"heavy committing" was worth the 6 hour plane ride each way alone. It
never gets old - I can now laugh on cue. More beer is owed ;)

- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com (mobile)

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
Mike, I guess I couldn't weasel my way out of it!

I am 29 years old, and currently live in Virginia, USA. My background is
computer software, but more recently I have been working a lot with foreign
languages. This is the part of lucene I enjoy working with the most.

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 4:51 AM, Michael McCandless <
lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:

> Robert, it's tradition to give a brief bio/background of yourself ;)
>
> Mike
>
> On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 2:54 AM, Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thank you for the welcome.
> >
> > Looking forward to working with you all some more in the future, and it
> was
> > very nice to meet many of you this past week at apachecon!
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Michael Busch <bu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm excited to announce that the Lucene PMC has voted to promote Robert
> >> Muir to Lucene Java core committer.
> >> Robert was previously contrib committer and it has always been a
> pleasure
> >> to work with him.
> >>
> >> Please join me in welcoming Robert aboard!
> >>
> >>  Michael

> > --
> > Robert Muir
> > rcmuir@gmail.com

Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com

Re: Welcome Robert Muir as Lucene Java core committer!

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the welcome.

Looking forward to working with you all some more in the future, and it was
very nice to meet many of you this past week at apachecon!

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Michael Busch <bu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm excited to announce that the Lucene PMC has voted to promote Robert
> Muir to Lucene Java core committer.
> Robert was previously contrib committer and it has always been a pleasure
> to work with him.
>
> Please join me in welcoming Robert aboard!
>
>  Michael

Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com

Re: Welcome Robert Muir as Lucene Java core committer!

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com>.
Welcome :)

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Congratulations, Robert!

Steve

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Welcome Robert!

Mike

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Robert!

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 5:08 AM, Michael Busch <bu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm excited to announce that the Lucene PMC has voted to promote Robert
> Muir to Lucene Java core committer.
> Robert was previously contrib committer and it has always been a pleasure
> to work with him.
>
> Please join me in welcoming Robert aboard!
>
>  Michael

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

RE: Welcome Robert Muir as Lucene Java core committer!

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Gratulation!!! Let's start with the SuperFancyCNAnalyzer! :-)

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de

Posted by Jason Rutherglen <ja...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Robert.  Maybe I'll see ya tomorrow?

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Michael Busch wrote:
> I'm excited to announce that the Lucene PMC has voted to promote
> Robert Muir to Lucene Java core committer.
> Robert was previously contrib committer and it has always been a
> pleasure to work with him.
>
> Please join me in welcoming Robert aboard!
>
>  Michael

Congrats !