Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Vineet Mishra <cl...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/10 09:15:12 UTC

Update or Workaround for HDFS-1312

Hi All,

I am having a 10 node Hadoop 2.5 cluster with Cloudera distribution 5.3.2
and the datanodes having the multiple disk partitions associated with them.

Since the time its been observed that the disk space consumption in some of
the partition is growing tremendously while the other partition holds a
fairly low disk consumption.

In reference to the

wanted to have understanding is there any update or workaround to the
existing issue.

Any quick/effective response would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Update or Workaround for HDFS-1312

Posted by Vineet Mishra <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anu,

Thanks for your revert.

Well I have already visited this wiki but since I am on production cluster
will avoid doing this manual intervention until its final call.

Moreover this will be lethargic and troublesome as we tried running the
balancer last month and its repeating since after over again!

Thanks!

Posted by Vineet Mishra <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anu,

Posted by Vineet Mishra <cl...@gmail.com>.