Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by leonard flournoy <le...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/24 18:14:16 UTC

Oracle XA

I am trying to set up oracle to make use of the XA drivers but I have been
unsuccessful. I am using the web console to create the pool and I've
selected Oracle XA. Does anyone have an example of an Oracle XA deployment
plan that works or if you have a link to a page that would guide me through
a detailed install including a glossary of required fields, would you please
point me to it. Part of the problem is that we have no dba here so we
probably aren't providing the correct values. Please provide any assistance
that you can!

Thanks in advance!

RE: Oracle XA

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,

I was able to get Oracle XA driver with daytrader working in the past
(Geronimo 1.1.1 timeframe).   I don't remember if I was ever able to get it
working from the console.    Here are some changes I did to the
daytrader-plan:

Put this in the dependency section:

      <dep:dependency>
        <dep:groupId>oracle</dep:groupId>
        <dep:artifactId>classes12</dep:artifactId>
        <dep:version>10g</dep:version>
        <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
      </dep:dependency>

Use the following as my TradeDataSource:

<ext-module>
    <connector>TradeDataSource</connector>
    <external-path>tranql/tranql-connector-oracle-xa/1.1/rar</external-path>
    <connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.1">
      <resourceadapter>
        <outbound-resourceadapter>
          <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interfa
ce>
            <connectiondefinition-instance>
              <name>jdbc/TradeDataSource</name>
              <config-property-setting
name="UserName">trade</config-property-setting>
              <config-property-setting
name="Password">trade</config-property-setting>
              <config-property-setting
name="DatabaseName">tradedb</config-property-setting>
              <config-property-setting
name="DataSourceName">TradeDataSource</config-property-setting>
              <config-property-setting
name="ServerName">OracleServerName</config-property-setting>
              <config-property-setting
name="PortNumber">1521</config-property-setting>
              <config-property-setting
name="DriverType">thin</config-property-setting>
              <connectionmanager>
                <xa-transaction>
                  <transaction-caching/>
                </xa-transaction>
                <single-pool>
                  <max-size>10</max-size>
                  <min-size>0</min-size>

<blocking-timeout-milliseconds>5000</blocking-timeout-milliseconds>
                  <idle-timeout-minutes>30</idle-timeout-minutes>
                  <match-one/>
                </single-pool>
              </connectionmanager>
            </connectiondefinition-instance>
          </connection-definition>
        </outbound-resourceadapter>
      </resourceadapter>
    </connector>
  </ext-module>

I also had to use the GERONIMO-2188 patch to get oracle-xa working.

HTH, Lin