Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "wxn002@zjqunshuo.com" <wx...@zjqunshuo.com> on 2019/02/26 08:32:43 UTC

Question on changing node IP address

Hi All,
I'm running 2.2.8 with vnodes and I'm planning to change node IP address.
My procedure is:
Turn down one node, setting auto_bootstrap to false in yaml file, then bring it up with -Dcassandra.replace_address. Repeat the procedure one by one for the other nodes.

I care about streaming because the data is very large and if there is streaming, it will take a long time. When the node with new IP be brought up, will it take over the token range it has before? I expect no token range reassignment and no streaming. Am I right?

Any thing I need care about when making IP address change?

Best regards,
-Simon