Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Athar Shiraz Siddiqui <at...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/30 15:50:56 UTC

Running James as a service on Windows 2003

How would I run James as a service in windows 2003 xp2?

I am looking at this here : http://www.mobilefish.com/developer/james/james.html

and towards the bottom it talks of running it as a service ...

I was wondering wouldnt it be easier if someone just packaged james
with an installer for windows with these options and user friendly
interfaces and validation?

It would make the project accessible but maybe we dont want that.

Re: Running James as a service on Windows 2003

Posted by Athar Shiraz Siddiqui <at...@gmail.com>.
I don't know how to do that but I could find out and I could
definitely come up with an interface even that allows you to start/
stop james or do basic functionality on windows.
I will get back to you on this God willing.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.