Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/20 23:42:35 UTC

Infra for podling setup

Hi,

Since I'm new at being a mentor, I was wondering how to handle slow infra
requests for podlings?

Ideally, I'd like to help out infra with the steps required, as I know some
of the members of the podling are anxious to get things going.  The infra
terms to get things running are a bit loose - e.g. hang out with them.
Unfortunately my work blocks IRC ports so it's a pain to keep connected
during the day.

John

Re: Infra for podling setup

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Jake,

Thanks for looking.  I'll have to get onto hipchat, probably the webclient
will work fine for me.

Re: Infra for podling setup

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.

Re: Infra for podling setup

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 5:42 PM, John D. Ament <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since I'm new at being a mentor, I was wondering how to handle slow infra
> requests for podlings?

Hi John:

An occasional ping will help on the tickets.

Failing that, feel free to complain to me. And if I fail, you can talk
to Rich or Ross.

--David

Re: Infra for podling setup

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
I've just recently dealt with during the incubation for Ignite and looks like
the following tactics work the best:
 - ping Infra on your JIRA tickets once in a while
 - ping them on IRC #asfinfra channel

But in general, be patient - the folks are clearly pretty busy.

Regards,
  Cos