Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by KS...@iflexsolutions.com on 2004/08/19 14:34:37 UTC

Please help me( Error in Servlet to run fop)

Hi everybody,

            I am using fop to generate report. I have set the path of
JAR file properly. But when tried to create object for Driver() class it
is throwing an error.

I sending attachment (Error.txt) file containing error message and I
using Tomcat1.4.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bhaskar

Re: Please help me( Error in Servlet to run fop)

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Bhaskar,

Looking at the error stack at the point where FOP was
invoked, it is possible you're having a problem with
the xerces and xalan jars in the servlet container.

Either (1) they're not present in either the shared/
or common/ directories of the servlet container, or
(2) they are, but they're old/buggy versions.  My
guess would be (1)--it just can't find the XML
libraries.

HTH,
Glen

org.apache.xerces.util.ObjectFactory.createObject(ObjectFactory.java:120)
	at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.(SAXParser.java:140)
	at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.(SAXParser.java:125)
	at
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.(SAXParserImpl.java:102)
	at
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl.newSAXParser(SAXParserFactoryImpl.java:95)
	at
org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.getParserClassName(Driver.java:208)