Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Anton Wardaschko (PA)" <an...@packetalarm.com> on 2003/06/10 09:42:38 UTC

hyphenation again

Hi!

I get the TeX hyphenation file and the XML version too, i set the path in the userconf.xml, but i read on the command line again and again, that they are not found. The path to the hyph files is correct, couse i'm able to embed the ttf fonts. Any suggestions?

<entry>
  <key>hyphenation-dir</key>
  <value>/fop/build/classes/hyph</value>
</entry>

this can i see when i generate the fo-file with saxon:

Making portrait pages on A4 paper (210mmx297mm)
No "de" localization of "hyphenation-character" exists; using "en".
No "de" localization of "hyphenation-push-character-count" exists; using "en".
No "de" localization of "hyphenation-remain-character-count" exists; using "en".
No "de" localization of "hyphenation-character" exists; using "en".
No "de" localization of "hyphenation-push-character-count" exists; using "en".
No "de" localization of "hyphenation-remain-character-count" exists; using "en".
No "de" localization of "hyphenation-character" exists; using "en".
No "de" localization of "hyphenation-push-character-count" exists; using "en".
No "de" localization of "hyphenation-remain-character-count" exists; using "en".
No "de" localization of "hyphenation-character" exists; using "en".
No "de" localization of "hyphenation-push-character-count" exists; using "en".
No "de" localization of "hyphenation-remain-character-count" exists; using "en".

And these errors came from FOP:

[ERROR] Couldn't find hyphenation pattern de
[ERROR] Error building hyphenation tree for language de
java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:737)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(ObjectInputStream.java:253)
        at org.apache.fop.layout.hyphenation.Hyphenator.getFopHyphenationTree(Hyphenator.j
ava:164)
        at org.apache.fop.layout.hyphenation.Hyphenator.getHyphenationTree(Hyphenator.java
:91)
        at org.apache.fop.layout.hyphenation.Hyphenator.hyphenate(Hyphenator.java:251)
        at org.apache.fop.layout.LineArea.doHyphenation(LineArea.java:1206)
        at org.apache.fop.layout.LineArea.addText(LineArea.java:856)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.FOText.addRealText(FOText.java:294)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.FOText.addText(FOText.java:252)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.FOText.layout(FOText.java:161)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Block.layout(Block.java:257)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Block.layout(Block.java:257)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.AbstractFlow.layout(AbstractFlow.java:154)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.AbstractFlow.layout(AbstractFlow.java:110)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.PageSequence.makePage(PageSequence.java:400)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.PageSequence.format(PageSequence.java:338)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.StreamRenderer.render(StreamRenderer.java:262)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.endElement(FOTreeBuilder.java:221)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher
.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Sour
ce)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.render(Driver.java:498)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLineStarter.run(CommandLineStarter.java:106)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.main(Fop.java:62)

Re: hyphenation again

Posted by "Robert P. J. Day" <rp...@mindspring.com>.
On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, J.Pietschmann wrote:

> anton wrote:

> > 3. The separator sign for hyphention in the preface is "#" and in the
>
> See
>   http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#pdf-characters
> Check the docbook XSL which character they actually use.

sadly, it's a "#", so anton will have to override that in his
stylesheet.

rday

Re: hyphenation again

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
anton wrote:
> 1. Further i were able to write the path to my True Types without drive
> letter: /aelitha-docbook/fonts/ and now FOP don't find the fonts:
>
> [ERROR] Failed to read a font metrics file: Invalid font metrics file:
> arial.xml (Invalid
> fontBaseDir specified: /aelitha-docbook/fonts/ (no protocol:
> /aelitha-docbook/fonts/))
>
> only with the full path c:/aelitha-docbook/fonts/ the fonts will be
> found. Why? Is it possible to compile some TTFs with the FOP, so i don't
> have to use the config.xml?

See
  http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#MalformedURLException
The value must be a valuid URL. In some cases the RTL will fall
back to interpret this as a file name, but this doesn't work
consistently.

> 2. While generating FO-file i still see
>
> Making portrait pages on A4 paper (210mmx297mm)
> No "de" localization of "hyphenation-character" exists; using "en".
> No "de" localization of "hyphenation-push-character-count" exists; using
> "en".

*Shrug* Ask the DocBook folks.

RE: hyphenation again

Posted by anton <a....@aelitha.com>.
Hi!

The easiest way is to put the XML version in the src/hyph directory and
recompile FOP ("build clean", followed by "build"). The XML file is
being converted to an internal format (serialized java object) as part
of this build process.

OK, it seems to work, thanks!

I have in this case some questions, but i fear they are not 100% FOP
related.

1. Further i were able to write the path to my True Types without drive
letter: /aelitha-docbook/fonts/ and now FOP don't find the fonts:

[ERROR] Failed to read a font metrics file: Invalid font metrics file:
arial.xml (Invalid
fontBaseDir specified: /aelitha-docbook/fonts/ (no protocol:
/aelitha-docbook/fonts/))

only with the full path c:/aelitha-docbook/fonts/ the fonts will be
found. Why? Is it possible to compile some TTFs with the FOP, so i don't
have to use the config.xml?

2. While generating FO-file i still see

Making portrait pages on A4 paper (210mmx297mm)
No "de" localization of "hyphenation-character" exists; using "en".
No "de" localization of "hyphenation-push-character-count" exists; using
"en".

But when FOP renders the FO-file there are no warnings and the generated
PDF has hyphenation.

3. The separator sign for hyphention in the preface is "#" and in the
chapters correct "-". I use DocBook with Stylesheet version 1.61.2.

CU
Anton

Re: hyphenation again

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.

On 10.06.2003 09:42:38 Anton Wardaschko (PA) wrote:
> I get the TeX hyphenation file and the XML version too, i set the path
> in the userconf.xml, but i read on the command line again and again,
> that they are not found. The path to the hyph files is correct, couse
> i'm able to embed the ttf fonts. Any suggestions?

Jeremias Maerki