Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Paul Borgermans <pa...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/17 17:25:19 UTC

Re: umlaut index ö == o == oe Possible?

The IsoLatin1 Filter doe smost of this, œ, ö are both converted to o

hth
Paul

Re: looking for multilanguage indexing best practice/hint

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Subject: looking for multilanguage indexing best practice/hint

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack
Thread Hijacking on Mailing Lists

When starting a new discussion on a mailing list, please do not reply to
an existing message, instead start a fresh email.  Even if you change the
subject line of your email, other mail headers still track which thread
you replied to and your question is "hidden" in that thread and gets less
attention.   It makes following discussions in the mailing list archives
particularly difficult.
See Also:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_hijacking

-Hoss

Re: looking for multilanguage indexing best practice/hint

Posted by Julian Davchev <jm...@drun.net>.
Dude,
There was already a warning with stealing thread. Please do something
about it as advised.  Run your own if want answers for your problem.
Cheers,

Posted by Sujatha Arun <su...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Daniel and Erik,

Posted by Julian Davchev <jm...@drun.net>.
Thanks Erick,

Re: Solr and Autocompletion

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
lots of options out there....

Rather then doing a slow query like Prefix, i think its best to index
the ngrams so the autocomplete is a fast query.

http://www.mail-archive.com/solr-user@lucene.apache.org/msg06776.html

Re: Solr and Autocompletion

Solr and Autocompletion

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Alheiros <Da...@bbc.co.uk>.
Hi Sujatha.

I've developed a search system for 6 different languages and as it was
implemented on Solr 1.2 all those languages are part of the same index,
using different fields for each so I can have different analyzers for
each one.

Like:
content_chinese
content_english
content_russian
content_arabic

I've also defined a language field that I use to be able to separate
those on query time.

As you are going to implement it using Solr 1.3 I would rather create
one core per language and keep my schema simpler without the _language
suffix. Each schema (one per language) would have only, say, content
which depending on its language will use a proper analyzer and filters.

Having a separate core per language is also good as the scores for a
language won't be affected by the indexing of documents in other
languages.

Do you have any requirement for searching in any language, say q=test
and this term should be found in any language? If so, you may think of
distributed search to combine your results or even to take the same
approach I've taken as I couldn't use multi-core.

I'm also using the Dismax request handler, that's worth to have a look
so you can pre-define some base query parts and also do score boosting
behind the scenes.

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Daniel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

Re: looking for multilanguage indexing best practice/hint

Posted by Sujatha Arun <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alexander Ramos Jardim <al...@gmail.com>.
I think this is up to your needs.

If you will make one search in many languages, and your doc's won't get too
big, you can put all the data in one schema.xml and configure your field
types by a language basis.

--
Alexander Ramos Jardim

looking for multilanguage indexing best practice/hint

Posted by Julian Davchev <jm...@drun.net>.
Hi,