Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Case Torres <Ca...@casetorrestech.com> on 2007/10/02 19:14:57 UTC

Product Feature, Category Feature?

Hi,

I am entering some products in OFBiz for testing and my current catalog
configuration only allows me to select 1 HARDWARE_FEATURE (Feature Type) and
1 SOFTWARE_FEATURE (Feature Type) for a product within a Product Category. I
need the ability to select several software and hardware features for each
product.

I've added each of the options to Category->Features.

I also added these features as "Selectable" features per product. The system
then pairs the SOFTWARE_FEATURE types with the HARDWARE_FEATURE types.

I need to be able to select multiple features individually per product

Product Category: 9500 Series

Products in this category: 9512, 9514, 9518

For any of the products within this category the options are:

Select one of two different port options: USB Cost: $0.00 and Ethernet: $250
(Feature Type: HARDWARE_FEATURE)

Option to Select one of two different rackmounts (HARDWARE_FEATURE)

Option to Select 35V (SOFTWARE_FEATURE)

Option to Select Gate/Trigger (SOFTWARE_FEATURE)

Option to Select XXX

Option to Select YYY

.

What is the best way to implement this type of configuration?

Many TIA,

Case Torres

http://www.casetorrestech.com

case@casetorrestech.com

unsubscribe

Posted by David Frenkiel <df...@shoptext.com>.
unsubscribe

RE: Product Feature, Category Feature?

Posted by Case Torres <Ca...@casetorrestech.com>.
Vince,

Thanks for replying.

No I haven't setup Virtual and Variant products as there are so many
variants. I was looking for a means for order entry to choose a base product
and then choose from a list of features to add to the base product with
appropriate pricing added in for each choice.

I have single features and sets of features from which only one feature must
be selected.

Does the Virtual/Variant allow order entry to choose the features for the
product from a list?

Or is that order entry will choose the product (a variant product from a
*long* list of variant products) with all the options the customer wants?

It was looking like a "Configurable" product setup would work but I need a
price attached to each choice.

Thanks much, Case

  _____