Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Shantanu Sen <ss...@pacbell.net> on 2004/04/16 22:01:34 UTC

question on custom keystore and 3rd party provider

How would I hook in a 3rd party security service
provider to WSS4J?

I am still looking at the code to get a basic
understanding, and it seems that I will need to
implement  the
org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.Crypto
interface to wrap the 3rd party code and specify the
implementation in the crypto.properties file. Is this
the right way?

Also, how can I specify a custom keystore. For example
if I use LDAP or database to store the CRLs,
certificates, private keys etc, (and have my own APIs
to retrieve the keys/certificates etc) how would I
specify that in the crypto.properties file?

Thanks for any pointers,
Shantanu Sen