Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Wentzel <Mi...@aswethink.com> on 2001/04/06 14:28:15 UTC

RE: Scope of Mailing List (was RE: Dates in Java)

> Are we in the tomcat-user forum ???
> I don't see the relationship between a so simple constructor problem
> (which Javadoc solve quiet easily ...) and Tomcat ...

I agree that this list is not the place for this question(the proper
place would be java.sun.com JDC groups) but most of the time it is
faster and simpler to just answer the questions and get it off the list.

Here's a somewhat basic guideline for good posting:
* Evaluate scope of question(if it doesn't correlate directly to tomcat
     don't post it here).  An example would be:
      -> Using java.sql.Date doesn't really belong in tomcat-user.
      -> Using DB Connection Pooling with Tomcat does belong here.
* First check archives(link can be found tomcat website).
* Then post it if you still have a question.
(Another good guideline is... Please post in plain text.  Not HTML, etc.)

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think - http://www.aswethink.com