Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Jochen Hiller <jo...@bauer-partner.de> on 2001/03/14 00:20:17 UTC

RE: java.util.logging

RE: java.util.loggingGreg,

I just did some work to support JSR 047 (hacked partial JSR implementation).
We use now the java.util.logging API in some projects, but the underlying
implementation is completely based on log4j. We use it in EJB and JSP
environments. Works fine for JDK 1.2.2, but some problems with JDK 1.3, as
java.* namespace is reserved for java core packages only.

Workaround: include the jar files in the bootclasspath (uuh, ugly), or
change the security policy (do you know how ?)

I sent one (older) copy of log4j-loggingapi to Ceki, but I would not propose
it to include in the current log4j distribution due to these restrictions
(and other deployment issues with the JSR jar).

But if you are interested, I can you send you some code.

Bye, Jochen

PS: Sorry for late answer, I cannot regularly read this mailing list.
Jochen Hiller
Head of Research
Bauer & Partner AG
Esslenstr. 3