Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2015/04/17 17:40:18 UTC

Oracle to end publicly available security fixes for Java 7 this month

http://www.infoworld.com/article/2909685/application-development/oracle-cutting-publicly-available-security-fixes-for-java-7-this-month.html

No comments

Jacques

Re: Oracle to end publicly available security fixes for Java 7 this month

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
The EoL of such an important aspect could also be regarded as a pro to
migrate to a newer release of OFBiz.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
All releases and of course the trunk are running under Java 8 after https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-6252

So it's more a warning for users, because only the branches are fixed, not the released packages yet...

Jacques

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Ouch! How is this going to impact the project? Should the currently supported releases be upgraded to JDK 8?