Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Octavian Rasnita <or...@home.ro> on 2002/04/17 10:10:54 UTC

Why can't I use this IP address?

Hi all,

In the section 2 of httpd.conf file where are the settings for the main
host, I put:
ServerName 192.168.0.1

This is the address of my computer.
When I try to use it in a browser (IE) it tries connecting to internet with
the dial up connection and it doesn't show me the local web site.

Why can I use  only the localhost or 127.0.0.1 address but I can't use the
network address of my computer?

Help!

Thank you.

Teddy,
orasnita@home.ro

Re: Why can't I use this IP address?

Posted by ElectroCities <po...@electrocities.com>.
Did it pull up the site after it connected?

It may have only initiated the dial up because it did not recognize the
number as a local host.  In your browser settings under zones you can change
that.

Chuck

In the section 2 of httpd.conf file where are the settings for the main
host, I put:
ServerName 192.168.0.1

This is the address of my computer.
When I try to use it in a browser (IE) it tries connecting to internet with
the dial up connection and it doesn't show me the local web site.

Why can I use  only the localhost or 127.0.0.1 address but I can't use the
network address of my computer?

Help!

Thank you.

Teddy,
orasnita@home.ro

This email powered by
ElectroCities.com
Powering the Electronic Cities of the Future, Today!
Domain Names only $15.00 per year
http://electrocities.com