Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2006/12/08 01:21:55 UTC

monthly report for UIMA

Thilo - are you taking care of this?  Or is someone else volunteering to
do it?

-Marshall

Re: monthly report for UIMA

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Ok, I see that you added the points you mentioned.  Thanks.

Re: monthly report for UIMA

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.

Re: monthly report for UIMA

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
> Yes, sorry for the late notice.  I had forgotten that we need to report
> each month for the first 3 months.  I have added a report to the Wiki:
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/December2006.  Please just go in and
> add stuff that I may have forgotten.  Note that the report is due today,
> so please give it a quick look.  I'll try to give you more notice next
> time ;-)

When I go to that page it says "Immutable Page" and it looks I can't
edit it.  Maybe the deadline has passed.  Probably not a huge deal.
However I noticed we drop these items that were on our "priorities for
the next few weeks" in Novemeber:
(1) Start directing our existing user base to Apache to attract some
early adopters
(2) Discuss ways to attract new committers

And I think we shouldn't lose these.  (1) has do some degree been
done, posting messages on the alphaWorks web pages and forum
indicating that new development has been moved to the ASF.  (2) hasn't
really been discussed at all, and is important, although maybe not a
priority for the next few weeks.

> I have also added UIMA to the reporting schedule here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule.  I chose the March
> schedule since I hope we can report our first release then ;-).  The
> choice is pretty arbitrary, so I just went ahead and did that.  If
> anybody has reasons for choosing a different schedule, I'm sure we can
> still go back and change it.

We could also go with April on the reasoning that we will report in
January and so we'll step right into the January, April, July, October
cycle.

-Adam

Re: monthly report for UIMA

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Marshall Schor wrote:
> Thilo - are you taking care of this?  Or is someone else volunteering to
> do it?
>
> -Marshall

Yes, sorry for the late notice.  I had forgotten that we need to report
each month for the first 3 months.  I have added a report to the Wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/December2006.  Please just go in and
add stuff that I may have forgotten.  Note that the report is due today,
so please give it a quick look.  I'll try to give you more notice next
time ;-)

I have also added UIMA to the reporting schedule here:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule.  I chose the March
schedule since I hope we can report our first release then ;-).  The
choice is pretty arbitrary, so I just went ahead and did that.  If
anybody has reasons for choosing a different schedule, I'm sure we can
still go back and change it.

--Thilo