Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Jason Tucker <ja...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/10 16:22:21 UTC

Default server object state

Hi folks -

I opened up an issue (https://github.com/apache/trafficcontrol/issues/2651)
about default server state, but wanted to bring it up here for discussion.

Currently, when creating a new server object in Traffic Control, the
default state is "OFFLINE". We commonly have to change this to "PRE_PROD"
after the server is created, which helps to differentiate between new
servers that are still going through the provisioning flow, versus servers
that are offline for maintenance activities.

Wondering if anyone had any feelings about this.

Thanks,

__Jason

Re: Default server object state

Posted by Dave Neuman <ne...@apache.org>.
+1 for enabling the ability to choose your status when you create a server.

Posted by Jason Tucker <ja...@gmail.com>.
That's not a bad idea at all.

Posted by Jeremy Mitchell <mi...@gmail.com>.