Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by "Kevin (ケビン)" <wa...@simplex-cn.co.jp> on 2015/03/18 07:40:53 UTC

Failed at launching embedded tomcat server

Hi,

I followed "Off Hadoop CLI Installation" tutorial to set up the development
environment, but when hitting the last step " launch
com.kylinolap.rest.DebugTomcat with specifying VM arguments
-Dspring.profiles.active=sandbox", I got some problems:

1. I suppose the latest class name should
be org.apache.kylin.rest.DebugTomcat instead;

2. I am using intelliJ as the IDE under Windows 7, but when running the
class, I got this exception:

org/apache/catalina/LifecycleListener
at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:116)
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleListener
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
... 3 more

Compiling succeeded and the maven library tomcat-catalina-7.0.52.jar
exists. I have spent two hours trying to figure out a solution, but still
cannot get it. Any one can offer a hand?

Thanks

--
*――――――――――――――――――――*
Simplex Inc.

18F Toranomon Hills Mori Tower 1-23-1
Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-6319 JAPAN

Email  wang.lei@simplex.ne.jp <to...@simplex.ne.jp>
*――――――――――――――――――――*

Re: Failed at launching embedded tomcat server

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
getWinUtilsPath() ...  so your dev machine is windows.

Check these env:

HADOOP_HOME: point to a hadoop dist compiled for windows
PATH: %HADOOP_HOME%\bin

These settings works for me.

Posted by "ワンレイ (ケビンKevin)" <wa...@simplex-cn.co.jp>.
Hi Qianhao,