Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by "Fu, Junwei" <ju...@intel.com> on 2014/12/08 07:59:47 UTC

minSdkVersion conflict

Hi,

The Cordova project minSdkVersion is 10, the xwalk library is 14, it will show the following error when compile with Gradle.

> ./test/AndroidManifest.xml:0:0 Error:
>             uses-sdk:minSdkVersion 10 cannot be smaller than version 14 declared in library org.xwalk:xwalk_core_library_beta:9.38.208.4
> :processArmv7DebugManifest FAILED

I found a workaround from https://gist.github.com/goldierox/9533466, it replace the minSdkVersion by Gradle task.

Is it an good approach to solute this issue, Do you have better approach?
Thanks,
Junwei.

RE: minSdkVersion conflict

Posted by "Fu, Junwei" <ju...@intel.com>.
Thank you very much.

I will add the documentation of this approach for xwalk library.

If you you add this line to cordova project config.xml <preference name="android-minSdkVersion" value="14" /> It should set the same value in AndroidManifest.xml during prepare.

The code that deals with it is in
cordova-lib/src/cordova/metadata/android_parser.js
starting at line 259

Re: minSdkVersion conflict

Posted by Mark Koudritsky <ka...@google.com>.