Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Virginie Legrand <Vi...@sophia.inria.fr> on 2005/03/31 15:12:33 UTC

Null Pointer Exception

Hello,

I use axis axis-1_2RC3 and wsdl4j in order to generate a WSDL file.
Here is a sample of my code :
         Emitter emitter = new Emitter();
         emitter.setDisallowedMethods(disallowedMethods);
         emitter.setAllowedMethods(allowedMethods);
         emitter.setLocationUrl(urlRouter);
          emitter.setIntfNamespace(namespace);
          emitter.setImplNamespace(namespace);
          emitter.setCls(c);
          emitter.setServiceElementName(serviceName);
 String wsdl = emitter.emitToString(Emitter.MODE_ALL);

when calling the emitToString() method, I get a NullPointerException.
I worked when I was using previous version of axis.
What do I do wrong here ?

Thanks for your help

Regards,

Virginie

Re: Null Pointer Exception

Posted by Virginie Legrand <Vi...@sophia.inria.fr>.
I use the jdk 1.4.2_04

java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'documentMimeType' is null

Posted by Michael Niemaz <Mi...@xrce.xerox.com>.
Hi,
I'm facing a strange bug ;-)
I'm exposing my web services on Tomcat using axis. Everything worked
fine until I decided to upgrade to the RC3 release?
Would you have any input on that?
Here's the wsdl:

     <wsdl:types>
      <schema targetNamespace="http://services.smartdocument.xerox.com"
    xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
       <import
    namespace="http://initiate.services.smartdocument.xerox.com"/>
       <import namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
       <complexType abstract="true" name="SmartDocumentResult">
        <sequence>
         <element name="SmartDocumentId" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
         <element name="DocumentId" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
         <element name="*DocumentMimeType*" nillable="true"
    type="xsd:string"/>
         <element name="DocumentURL" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
         <element name="Message" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
        </sequence>
       </complexType>
      </schema>
      <schema
    targetNamespace="http://initiate.services.smartdocument.xerox.com"
    xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
       <import namespace="http://services.smartdocument.xerox.com"/>
       <import namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
       <complexType name="InitiateResult">
        <complexContent>
         <extension base="tns2:SmartDocumentResult">
          <sequence>
           <element name="AuthId" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
          </sequence>
         </extension>
        </complexContent>
       </complexType>
      </schema>
     </wsdl:types>

and the error I get:

    31-Mar-2005 16:16:22 org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializer
serialize
SEVERE: Exception:
java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'documentMimeType' is null.
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializer.serialize(BeanSerializer.java:200)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContext.serializeActual(SerializationContext.java:1415)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContext.serialize(SerializationContext.java:910)
        at org.apache.axis.message.RPCParam.serialize(RPCParam.java:186)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.outputImpl(RPCElement.java:435)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.output(MessageElement.java:1207)
        at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPBody.outputImpl(SOAPBody.java:139)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPEnvelope.outputImpl(SOAPEnvelope.java:477)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.output(MessageElement.java:1207)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.writeTo(SOAPPart.java:315)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.writeTo(SOAPPart.java:269)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.saveChanges(SOAPPart.java:530)
        at
org.apache.axis.attachments.AttachmentsImpl.getAttachmentCount(AttachmentsImpl.java:519)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getContentType(Message.java:475)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:765)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
        at
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
31-Mar-2005 16:16:22 org.apache.axis.attachments.AttachmentsImpl
getAttachmentCount
WARNING: Exception:
AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Non nillable
element 'documentMimeType' is null.
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.io.IOException:
java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'documentMimeType' is null.

--mike

Re: Null Pointer Exception

Posted by venkatesh <ve...@lasonindia.com>.
what version of jdk u r using?

Re: Null Pointer Exception

Posted by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com>.
try setting the TypeMappingRegistry before calling emitToString, if
you can get hold of msgContext -

emitter.setTypeMappingRegistry(msgContext.getTypeMappingRegistry());

- venkat

Re: Null Pointer Exception

Posted by Virginie Legrand <Vi...@sophia.inria.fr>.
Here is the Stack trace :