Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by William Henry <wh...@redhat.com> on 2013/10/30 20:42:20 UTC

Lack of AMQP 1.0 support documentation

Hi all,

The only mention of AMQP 1.0 for Qpid that I can find in the docs section is on:
http://qpid.apache.org/components/cpp-broker/index.html

Just a mention of support.

I couldn't find anything about AMQP 1.0 (including compatability) in the CPP broker book:
http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.24/cpp-broker/book/index.html

And the Readme doesn't mention how to build qpidd with AMQP 1.0 support.

What needs to happen:
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DAMQP_BOOL=ON ..
make

That seems to do the trick for the build. Then to load :
qpidd --load-module /path/to/amqp.so
What about the conf file?

Can we beef up the AMQP 1.0 support documentation.

Perhaps in the future we need to switch to have AMQP 1.0 support be default.

Regards,
William

qpid c++ broker deletes non exclusive queue when sessions are open

Posted by boden <bo...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>.
I'm running into an issue with the qpid C++ broker (version 0.22)
related to a non-exclusive exchange queue getting deleted when sessions
are still active.

Scenario:
- Open 2 connections/sessions to a single non-exclusive exchange. The
node is set to auto-delete, and link is not.
- Close connection 1.
- The close of connection 1 deletes the exchange queue, even though a
connection/session is still open to it (connection 2).

It was my understanding that the exchange queue would not get deleted
until the last session/connection disconnected, but it appears it gets
deleted on the 1st disconnect.

Is this proper behavior?

Sample program to repo:

from qpid.messaging import *
import time

conn = Connection("qpidclient/mypasswd@localhost:5672")
conn2 = Connection("qpidclient/mypasswd@localhost:5672")

try:
     conn.open()
     conn2.open()

     session = conn.session()
     session2 = conn2.session()
     rev = session.receiver('nova/test ; {"node": {"x-declare":
{"auto-delete": true, "durable": true}, "type": "topic"}, "create":
"always", "link": {"x-declare": {"auto-delete": false, "exclusive":
false, "durable": false}, "durable": true, "name": "test"}}')

     rev2 = session2.receiver('nova/test ; {"node": {"x-declare":
{"auto-delete": true, "durable": true}, "type": "topic"}, "create":
"always", "link": {"x-declare": {"auto-delete": false, "exclusive":
false, "durable": false}, "durable": true, "name": "test"}}')
     print("sleeping...")
     time.sleep(20)
     print("closing conn 1")
     conn.close()
     time.sleep(30)
except MessagingError,m:
     print str(m)

print("closing conn2")
conn2.close()

If you run the above on the version 0.22 c++ broker you'll get:

sleeping...
closing conn 1
closing conn2
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./qpidc.py", line 26, in <module>
     conn2.close()
   File "<string>", line 6, in close
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/qpid/messaging/endpoints.py",
line 321, in close
     ssn.close(timeout=timeout)
   File "<string>", line 6, in close
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/qpid/messaging/endpoints.py",
line 747, in close
     link.close(timeout=timeout)
   File "<string>", line 6, in close
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/qpid/messaging/endpoints.py",
line 1055, in close
     if not self.session._ewait(lambda: self.closed, timeout=timeout):
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/qpid/messaging/endpoints.py",
line 572, in _ewait
     self.check_error()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/qpid/messaging/endpoints.py",
line 561, in check_error
     raise self.error
qpid.messaging.exceptions.NotFound: not-found: Delete failed. No such
queue: test
(/opt/build/jenkins/workspace/rpmbuild-qpid-cpp-0.22-x86_64/rpmbuild/BUILD/qpid-0.22/cpp/src/qpid/broker/Broker.cpp:1184)(404)

Any feedback is appreciated.

Re: Lack of AMQP 1.0 support documentation

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 10/30/2013 07:42 PM, William Henry wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The only mention of AMQP 1.0 for Qpid that I can find in the docs section is on:
> http://qpid.apache.org/components/cpp-broker/index.html
>
> Just a mention of support.
>
> I couldn't find anything about AMQP 1.0 (including compatability) in the CPP broker book:
> http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.24/cpp-broker/book/index.html
>
> And the Readme doesn't mention how to build qpidd with AMQP 1.0 support.

I'll try and spend some time addressing this.

Re: Lack of AMQP 1.0 support documentation

Posted by William Henry <wh...@redhat.com>.

> The only mention of AMQP 1.0 for Qpid that I can find in the docs section is
> on:
> http://qpid.apache.org/components/cpp-broker/index.html
>
> Just a mention of support.
>
> I couldn't find anything about AMQP 1.0 (including compatability) in the CPP
> broker book:
> http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.24/cpp-broker/book/index.html
>
> And the Readme doesn't mention how to build qpidd with AMQP 1.0 support.
>
> What needs to happen:
> mkdir build
> cd build
> cmake -DAMQP_BOOL=ON ..

This not needed? i.e. In the latest trunk I see that this is ignored.
Things are changing fast .. all the better to have some docs.

-William

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 10/30/2013 07:42 PM, William Henry wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The only mention of AMQP 1.0 for Qpid that I can find in the docs section is on:
> http://qpid.apache.org/components/cpp-broker/index.html
>
> Just a mention of support.
>
> I couldn't find anything about AMQP 1.0 (including compatability) in the CPP broker book:
> http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.24/cpp-broker/book/index.html
>
> And the Readme doesn't mention how to build qpidd with AMQP 1.0 support.

I've added a note about building AMQP 1.0 support in the INSTALLATION
readme and added a new readme with more detail actually using it.

Next task is figuring how and where to include this in the docbook based
documentation and adding all the markup etc. But at least now some more
information is available.